[Coral-List] Coral reef condition in Tsunami area

Andreas Albertino H. andreas04 at lycos.com
Wed Jan 19 21:20:01 EST 2005

Dear all,

I just got information about coral reef condition in Tsunami area from local news paper, especially in Weh island waters, northern Aceh.  It was surprising me because the coral reef condition on this area is the same (no thing has changed) as before Tsunami beat this area. As you have seen from the internet or TV most of the housings in this area were damaged. But in another area, as far as I know, are not surveyed yet up to now. On the other area such as Banda Aceh (where the most tsunami’s victims were found), many people have seen a lot of deep sea fish were found on land.

May be any of you have any idea about this phenomena?

Best regards,
Andreas A. Hutahaean

 ANDREAS ALBERTINO HUTAHAEAN

Research Center for Maritime Territories & Non-Living Resources
Agency for Marine and Fisheries Research (BRKP)

+> Address: Jalan. MT. Haryono, Kav 52-53, 1st Floor
            Jakarta 12770 - INDONESIA
+> Phn :+62-021-79180303 ext.2368
+> Fax :+62-021-79191202

+==+==+ "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" +==+==+