[Coral-List] Re: Reddis wormlike critters

Mark Heckman mheckman at waquarium.org
Mon Jul 25 18:23:20 EDT 2005

Actually, I would go with a synaptid seacucumber as an ID. There is a small
sand dwelling variety.

See John Hoover's image of Chiridota sp.

at: http://www.hawaiisfishes.com/inverts/cucumbers/neatcukes.htm

Unless you saw inordinate numbers, I doubt it is anything to be concerned
about  - environmental wise - although they are  feeding on organic material.

Aloha,

Mark Heckman
Education Director
Waikiki Aquarium/ University of Hawaii