[Coral-List] New Marine Ecology post at University of Plymouth

Martin Attrill M.Attrill at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 11:57:03 EST 2005

Dear all (apologies if you receive more than one of these!),

Please find below details of a new permanent full-time job in Marine Ecology at the University of Plymouth, working within our Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre.

Yours,

Martin

UNIVERSITY OF PLYMOUTH, FACULTY OF SCIENCE

School of Biological Sciences,

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marine Ecology (Ref. 6113/SCI)

£23,643 to £36,428 pa

The following appointment is available to support our strategic development in Marine Ecology. For this post, you will be a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who addresses fundamental research questions and is committed to research-led teaching. You will make a significant contribution to research and teaching within the School of Biological Sciences, including the delivery and management of appropriate undergraduate and postgraduate courses.

For further information on the School of Biological Sciences, please visit www.plymouth.ac.uk/pages/view.asp?page=6139

This post will support our growing reputation in Marine Biology and you will become a member of the Marine Biology & Ecology Research Centre <http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/mberg> . As a marine ecologist/biologist, you will complement the existing expertise within the group. Whilst we encourage individuals working on any marine habitat, organism or level of biological organisation, areas we are particularly keen to develop include: advanced statistical/ecological modelling, fish ecology/fisheries and plankton ecology.

Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Martin Attrill on 01752 232916, email martin.attrill at plymouth.ac.uk although applications must be made in accordance with the details shown below.

Interviews for the post will be held in late April/early May 2005, for appointment to start in September 2005.

Closing date: 12 Noon Thursday 31 March 2005.

A Final Salary Pension Scheme is available. Please request an application pack, quoting Ref & Job Title, via: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/vacancies (job details above will be available on here soon)

 or Email: jobs at plymouth.ac.uk <mailto:jobs at plymouth.ac.uk>

Tel: 01752 232168 (24 hour answerphone)

Martin J. Attrill <http://www.plym.ac.uk/staff/mattrill%20>
Professor of Marine Ecology

Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre
<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/mberg> School of Biological Sciences
University of Plymouth
Drake Circus,  Plymouth
PL4 8AA, U.K.