[Coral-List] [Fwd: looking for a coral expert / consultant / post-doc / retiree ?]

Joanie Kleypas kleypas at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 9 10:22:31 EST 2005

Forwarded message:  Please contact Maria Hood <m.hood at unesco.org> if you
are interested in this opportunity.

-------- Original Message --------

Hi all,
The Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO is looking for
a consultant with a PhD in biology or biogeochemistry that will manage
our programs on coral reef protection, developing indicators of benthic
health, and our collaborations with the convention on biological diversity.
Ideally, we would be looking either for a post-doc who would be interested
in a 1-2 year experience in international program management, or a young
retiree who is still up-to-speed on the issues and is interested in
staying active in the field.  All other candidates would be welcomed, of
course, but the consultant contracts of this type are usually a bit meager
(competitive with a post-doc salary).

I can provide more detailed information if you think you or someone you
know would be interested.  Thanks for any leads, and hope all is well !

Maria Hood, Ph.D.
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission UNESCO
1, rue Miollis
75732 Paris Cedex 15
Tel: +33 (0)1.45.68.40.28
Fax: +33 (0)1.45.68.58.12