[Coral-List] Call for Abstracts: 3rd Intern. Symposium Deep-Sea Corals

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Tue May 24 16:33:33 EDT 2005

Greetings,

    I'm afraid Michelle Sowder (MSowder at mail.ifas.ufl.edu) is very busy
and is unable to send this herself, so herewith I'm sending it for her.
Please direct all enquiries to her.  Thank you...Jim

Registration Fees to attend the 3^rd International Symposium on Deep-Sea
Corals (ISDSC) are now posted on the symposium web site at:
_http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/coral  _
*/ /*

*CALL FOR ABSTRACTS *

All individuals involved in deep-sea coral research are strongly
encouraged to submit an abstract under the appropriate symposium theme
for consideration as an oral or poster presentation. Abstract
submissions will be used to select presentations, and ALL abstracts,
both oral and poster, will be published in the symposium book of
abstracts. Abstracts must be submitted electronically no later than June
1, 2005 via the conference web site where you will find detailed
preparation instructions.

Everything you need to know about the conference is posted on the web
site, so take a moment to visit the site today.

*SYMPOSIUM OBJECTIVE*

This international symposium will follow the traditions of the first 2
symposia in Halifax and Erlangen. Objectives are to summarize our
existing knowledge on deep-sea corals in a peer-reviewed publication of
the symposium proceedings and facilitate global exchange of current
scientific knowledge on deep-sea corals and associated fauna and to
discuss possible statutory means available to conserve and protect
deep-sea habitat.

*SYMPOSIUM & LOCATION*

As you already know, the 3**^rd **** ISDSC** will be held November
28-December 2, 2005 in Miami, Florida USA, at the University of Miami
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) on Virginia
Key, an island off the coast of Miami.

*SYMPOSIUM PUBLICITY*

Could you please take a moment to forward this email to your extension
contacts, colleagues, friends, neighbors, or anyone else you know of who
may be interested in the 3^rd International Symposium on Deep-Sea
Corals? We would truly appreciate any assistance you can provide with
getting the word out.

Thanks,

Shelby Sowder, Symposium Logistics Coordinator
Office of Conferences and Institutes
University of Florida / IFAS
PO Box 110750 (Bldg 639, Mowry Rd)
Gainesville, FL 32611-0750