[Coral-List] Caribbean Sea water temperatures

Melissa Keyes mekvinga at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 13:19:38 EDT 2005

Hello Listers,

Here in St Croix, the avaerage tempersture is now 82
degrees Farenheit.  Sorry, my computer doesn't read
Celcius, but this is quite warm.  This tempersture is
not usually achieved until late August or September.

The trade winds have not been around for many weeks,
there's been mostly light breezes from the Southwest.

One web site that has Atlantic sea surface
temperatures is:

http://www.weathercarib.com/

Scroll down, find 'Entire Atlantic & Caribbean', and
there find 'Atlantic sea surface temperstures'

The next on the list is 'Atlantic sea surface
temperature anomaly' which shows the above and below
averages differences.

I know these are NOAA sites, but I sure can't find
them on the huge NOAA site, to give you proper links.

I'll be photographing my usual corals as the season
progresses.  I hope something happens to cool the sea.

And I hope someone here finds this information useful.

Cheers,

Melissa E. Keyes

s/v Vinga; St Croix, USVI/Bonaire N.A.