[Coral-List] Tsunami - India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Seychelles

Clive Wilkinson clive.wilkinson at impac.org.au
Tue Nov 8 19:19:40 EST 2005

To Coral List:

The Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network (GCRMN) is compiling a report
'Status of Coral Reefs in Tsunami Affected Countries: 2005' to update
the global report released in early December 2004.

We seek your assistance in writing the Chapters on India, Maldives, Sri
Lanka, Seychelles.

The chapters are being drafted from published reports and papers, but we
would like more data, information, figures and photographs.

Do you have:

*	Any survey data on the status of the reefs (hopefully including
pre-tsunami data)?
*	Any eye witness accounts of what happened on the day?
*	Any accounts of rehabilitation - both good and bad, that
followed the tsunami?

Your material may be included in the text or as a separate box and all
contributions are acknowledged.

This report will be released in Phuket Thailand in February and is
supported by the Governments of USA, Australia, Japan, and agencies,
UNEP, IUCN, WWF and IOC-UNESCO for free distribution.

Thank you,

Clive Wilkinson, David Souter and Jeremy Goldberg

** Please reply to us and not to the whole coral-list

Clive Wilkinson, Coordinator
Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network
c/o Australian Institute of Marine Science
Tel: +61 7 4729 8452 or 4772 4314; Fax: +61 7 4729 8449

This communication is confidential and may contain information that is the subject of legal privilege and/or copyright.

It should only be viewed by the intended recipient. If you have received this communication in error, please notify International Marine Project Activities Centre immediately by phoning 61 7 47298400, and then immediately destroy this communication.

Any unauthorised use of the contents of this communication is expressly prohibited. International Marine Project Activities Centre's confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost if you received this communication in error.

The views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sending it, and do not necessarily reflect the views of International Marine Project Activities Centre.