[Coral-List] Coral List Post

Jennifer Hester jenmhester at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:54:36 EST 2005

   Hello,

   I  am an undergraduate student at the University of Hawaii at Hilo and
   am  working on my senior thesis. My project involves the genotyping of
   zooxanthellae  collected  from  coral  samples  around  the  island of
   Hawaii.  I am having difficulties in the succcessful PCR amplification
   of  the  ITSI  and  ITSII regions of zooxanthellae from Porites lobata
   samples.  I  have  tried  annealing temperature gradients and template
   dilution  (1/100),  but with no success. Does anyone have any hints or
   suggestions  as  to  how to get the zooxs from Porites to amplify? Any
   help or information would be greatly appreciated.

   Thanks,
   Jennifer Hester
   Senior Thesis Student
   University of Hawaii at Hilo