[Coral-List] Clam ecology MSc

Peter Alan, Todd dbspat at nus.edu.sg
Mon Nov 21 04:58:33 EST 2005

Dear Coral List,

We are looking for an MSc candidate (maybe 2) to study giant clam
(Tridacna squamosa) ecology. Possible projects include morphological
plasticity, function of colours/patterns, and defense strategies.

The Department of Biological Sciences at the National University of
Singapore (NUS) awards Research Scholarships to strong candidates.
Minimum requirements are a good Honours degree and good GRE or GATE
scores. Please visit the graduate studies pages at the NUS website
(http://www.nus.edu.sg/) for more details. For the August 2006 intake
(our preferred starting date) the application form must reach the
Department of Biological Sciences, NUS, by 15th December, 2005.

Please contact us directly if you have any further enquiries about the
project. We will encourage the right candidate to apply for a NUS
Research Scholarship. The Department of Biological Sciences, NUS,
receives many scholarship applications each semester and we are not
involved in the decision making process. But, if you are successful, we
will provide lab space and funding (and clams!) for your research.

Best regards,

Dr Peter Todd and Prof. Chou Loke Ming

Peter Todd PhD
Marine Biology Laboratory, National University of Singapore,
14, Science Drive 4, Blk S1, #02-05, Singapore 117543.
Tel: 68741034 Fax: 67792486