[Coral-List] Resilience is a word

Martin Pêcheux martin.pecheux at free.fr
Sat Oct 1 22:48:41 EDT 2005

<Dear Brad>

From where are you ?

Local non-bleaching area are highly variable (hydrodynamism,....)

With mass bleaching,  don't hope much on MPA.The only thing to do is I think to put all in cryopreservation, 77°K, a kind of parachute, for our son of son in 200-500 years.

Kindly,

Dr. Martin Pêcheux (IPCC Contributing Author, Expert)
Institut des Foraminifères Symbiotiques
(Jussieu, Université Paris VI)
16, rue de la Fontaine de l'Espérance, 92160 Antony, France
martin.pecheux at free.fr
+33(0) 8711 804 32
Publications at  www.reefbase.org in which Review on Reef Bleaching, 214p.

XX % REDUCTION OF HUMAN CO2 SOURCES IN YEAR 20XX

Easy to remember:
   4567....Age ofSolar System in million years(+/-0.6, Science, 02, 297, 1678-1683, Nature, 04, 431, 275-278, but see, with many hypothesis, Nature, 05, 436, 1127-1131)
3x4567....Age of Universe (13.7Gy+/- 0.2, WAMP data + model)

To be read absolutely by any scientific, and by anyone who wants to know
what is Science, the famous funny  scientist George Perec:Tomatotropic
Banana split, 1980, n°2, p. 63-74, Aix-en-Provence
(also one level up, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~xleroy/stuff -> see Microsoft keyboard in particular)

Destructivness of cyclones (sum of wind speed cubic power) is perhaps doubling each 0.5°C, after all a convincing paper: Emanuel K., 2005, Nature, 436, 68-688.

Brad Rosov a *crit :