[Coral-List] Filamentous organisms on Acropora

yuen yeongshyan yeongshyan at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 22:17:04 EDT 2005

Dear members of coral-list,

  I am a PhD student studying coral reefs and while I
was diving in Zamami Island, Okinawa 2 weeks ago I
encountered an unknown phenomena on Acropora
cylindrica. Many of them are covered by red,
filamentous,  string-like organisms (It was blue in
colour underwater) at average 6 m depth. I am
interested to know more about this phenomena, have
anyone come across similar phenomena? Any information
is higly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,
Yuen Yeong Shyan