[Coral-List] thanks for your support!

tamir caras thecoralminingproject at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 19:38:52 EDT 2005

I would like to thank the many readers that offered information, advice and help.  Keep it coming!

I was also reminded that it is Ramadan month so easy fast to our Muslim readers.

Many thanks

Tamir

--- tamir caras <thecoralminingproject at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Dear readers,
> I am about to embark on a project looking at the
> ecological impact and socio-economics of coral
> mining.  What’s more - I am proposing to eventually
> do the monitoring using remote sensing.

> Predominantly (at this stage), I am looking for
> sites where coral mining is taking place or has
> taken place, particularly if this has been
> documented in any form.

My prime site is in Southern Tanzania but I suspect
Mozambique would have similar problem(?), I hear Sri
Lanka, Maldives, Indonesia and the Philippines have
different forms of this practice.

> If any of you comes across coral mining or can offer
> any insight into this tradition, potential sites or
> anything at all, could you please let me know?

Additionally (being greedy) if anyone has any
satellite or airborne images relevant to effected
areas - I would be much indebted.

If anyone out there has valuable information on either
subjects, could you please make contact to me
through this list or directly at
thecoralminingproject at yahoo.com Many thanks for your
attention