[Coral-List] chlorophyll analysis

Nahid Shokri planet13466 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 05:38:24 EDT 2005

Dear All,
 I am a student of M.Sc. degree in Marine Biology based in Iran and I am
doing my thesis on the effect of human impact on zooxanthellae on hard corals
of the Persian Gulf. As this is a new effort in my country, I have not
access to any past experience in this filed and therefore I am somehow
confused in the method for zooxanthellae’s chlorophyll a content.
 After reading the absorbance of the samples at 750,664,647 and 630nm by spectrometer, I use this formula:

c(chlorophyll a)=11.85 E664 _ 1.54 e647  _0.08  E630

I used 10 ml of 90%.the diameter of cuvvett is 1.6 cm.The original amount of blastate is 20 ml and I took 10 ml for chlorophyll analysis.

Please explain what shall I do after this step?

Any leads would be appreciated.

thanks.