[Coral-List] postdoctoral position request

Laetitia hédouin hlaetitia_lh at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 01:54:32 EDT 2005

Dear Listers,

I am presently seeking a postdoctoral fellow position in the field of coral
reefs.
I graduated with a Master’s degree in marine environmental chemistry in
2002. I am currently finishing my Ph.D thesis on “Characterization of
bioindicator species for metal contamination biomonitoring in tropical
coastal environment: application to the New Caledonian lagoon “. I am
planning to defend it in March 2005 and should therefore to be available
from next May.
I have considerable experience in ecotoxicology, especially in metal
bioaccumulation from tropical organisms, but I would be interested in
extending my knowledge in coral reef ecosystem. Considering the experience I
acquired in the field of radiotracer techniques and stable metal analyzes, I
would like to work on the impact of anthropogenic inputs on coral reefs.
I enclose a copy of my curriculum vitae at the end of this mail, which will
give you further details of my career and qualifications to date. I will be
happy to supply any other details you may require.
Thanks for you consideration,
Yours faithfully,

Hédouin Laetitia
Marine Environment Laboratory
International Atomic Energy Agency
4 quai Antoine Premier, B.P. 800
MC-98012 Monaco Cedex
Phone: +(377) 97977258
Fax: +(377) 97977276
Mailto: l.hedouin at iaea.org

Curriculum Vitae

Laetitia Hédouin
I.A.E.A. 4 quai Antoine 1er, 98 000 Monaco
IRD, Anse Vata, 98845 Noumea, New Caledonia
Age: 26
French
laetitiahedouin at yahoo.fr
Cellular phone: +010 33 6 63 42 40 51
OBJECTIVE

As a ambitious and hard-working scientist I am willing to apply my
international scientific background and my adaptability to a post-doc in
ecotoxicology.
EDUCATION

2002 – 2005	Ph.D. Student in biological oceanography at University of La
Rochelle (France)
Subject: “Characterisation of bioindicator species for metal contamination
biomonitoring in tropical coastal environment: application to the New
Caledonian lagoon (research carried out in collaboration with the Marine
Environment Laboratory - International Atomic Energy Agency, Monaco and the
IRD-Noumea Center, New Caledonia)
2001 – 2002	Master’s degree in marine environmental chemistry at the
University of Bretagne Occidentale (France)
2000 - 2001	Bachelor’s degree in chemistry at the University of Montpellier
II (France)

SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
Publications
Articles
Metian M, Hédouin L, Barbot C, Teyssié J-L, Fowler SW, Goudard F, Bustamante
P, Durand J-P, Piéri J. & M Warnau (2005). Use of radiotracer techniques to
study subcellular distribution of metals and radionuclides in bivalves from
the Noumea Lagoon, New Caledonia. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination &
Toxicology 75:89-93
Hédouin L, Metian M, Teyssié J-L, Fowler SW, Fichez R. & M Warnau.
Allometric relationships in the uptake of heavy metals by the edible
tropical clam Gafrarium tumidum. Science of the Total Environment (in
corrected proof)
Hédouin L, Metian M, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Paganelli J, Fowler SW, Fichez R
& M Warnau. Delineation of heavy metal uptake pathways (seawater, food and
sediment) in tropical marine oysters using radiotracers (in prep.)
Hédouin L, Metian M, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Paganelli J, Fowler SW, Fichez R
& M Warnau. Biokinetics of heavy metals in a tropical marine clam exposed to
seawater, sediments and food pathways (in prep.)
Hédouin L, Bustamante P, Pringault O, Churlaud C, Fichez R, Warnau M.
Concentrations of Ag, As, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Mn, Ni and Zn in algae and
bivalves from the New Caledonia lagoon: geographical variations (in prep.)

Abstracts
Metian M, Hédouin L, Barbot C, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Fowler SW, Goudard F,
Durand J-P, Bustamante P & M Warnau (2004). Subcellular partitioning of
heavy metals in gills and visceral mass of bivalves from the New Caledonian
lagoon. In: Rapp. Comm. Intern. Mer Médit. 37: 223
Hédouin L, Giron E, Buschiazzo E, Gomez Batista M, Metian M, Borne V, Cotret
O, Teyssié J-L, Fowler SW & M Warnau (in press). Influence of ambient
dissolved metal concentration on their bioaccumulation in two tropical
oysters: a radiotracer study. In: Proceedings of the Aquatic Forum 2004 IAEA
Conference, Monaco (Principality of Monaco)
Hédouin L, Metian M, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Paganelli J, Fowler SW, Fichez R
& M Warnau (in press). Delineation of heavy metal uptake pathways (seawater,
food and sediment) in tropical marine bivalves using metal radiotracers. In:
Proceedings of the Aquatic Forum 2004 IAEA Conference, Monaco (Principality
of Monaco)
Metian M, Hédouin L, Giron E, Buschiazzo E, Borne V, Paganelli J, Boudjenoun
R, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Fowler SW & M Warnau (in press). Bioaccumulation
of selected heavy metals in the brown alga Lobophora variegata: a
radiotracer study. In: Proceedings of the Aquatic Forum 2004 IAEA
Conference, Monaco (Principality of Monaco)

Communications at International Conferences
Hédouin L., Pringault O., Bustamante P., Fichez R. & M. Warnau. Ni
Bioaccumulation in Tropical Oysters and Clams: Effect of Dissolved Ni
Concentration. SETAC Europe 15th Annual Meeting “The Raison d’être of
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry”, Lille, France 22-26 May 2005
Hédouin L., Gomez Batista M., Metian M., Borne V., Cotret O., Teyssié J.-L.
& M. Warnau. Influence of Ambient Dissolved Concentration of Metals on Their
Bioaccumulation in Three Marine Bivalves from New Caledonia. SETAC Europe
15th Annual Meeting “The Raison d’être of Environmental Toxicology and
Chemistry”, Lille, France 22-26 May 2005
Metian M., Hédouin L., Teyssié J.-L., Bustamante P. & M. Warnau.
Bioaccumulation of selected heavy metals in the king scallop (Pecten
maximus) and the black scallop (Chlamys varia) : sea water and food
exposures. SETAC Europe 15th Annual Meeting “The Raison d’être of
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry”, Lille, France 22-26 May 2005
Hédouin L, Metian M, Teyssié J-L, Cotret O, Fowler SW, Fichez R & M Warnau.
Delineation of metal uptake routes in bivalves from the New Caledonia
lagoon: a radiotracer study. 4th SETAC World Congress, Portland, Oregon
(USA) 14-18 November 2004
Metian M, Hédouin L, Giron E, Buschiazzo E, Borne V, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L,
Fowler SW & M Warnau. Bioaccumulation of selected heavy metal radiotracers
in the brown alga Lobophora Variegata (Lamouroux). Int. Conf. On Isotopes in
Environmental Studies - Aquatic Forum 2004, IAEA, Monaco, 25-29 Oct 2004
Hédouin L, Giron E, Buschiazzo E, Gomez Batista M, Metian M, Cotret O,
Teyssié JL, Fowler SW & M Warnau. Influence of ambient dissolved metal
concentration on bioaccumulation in two tropical oysters: a radiotracer
study. Int. Conf. on Isotopes in Environmental Studies - Aquatic Forum 2004,
IAEA, Monaco, 25-29 Oct 2004
Hédouin L, Metian M, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Paganelli J, Fowler SW, Fichez R
& M Warnau. Delineation of heavy metal uptake pathways (seawater, food and
sediment) in tropical marine bivalves using metal radiotracers. Int. Conf.
On Isotopes in Environmental Studies - Aquatic Forum 2004, IAEA, Monaco,
25-29 Oct 2004
Metian M, Hédouin L, Barbot C, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Fowler SW, Goudard F,
Durand J-P, Bustamante P & M Warnau. Subcellular partitioning of heavy
metals in gills and visceral mass of bivalves from the New Caledonian
lagoon. 37th CIESM Congress, 7-11 Jun 2004, Barcelona (Spain)
Hédouin L, Metian M, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Paganelli J, Fowler SW, Fichez R
& M Warnau. Biokinetics of heavy metals in tropical organisms from the
lagoon of New Caledonia: seawater, food and sediment exposure. SETAC-ASE
Asia/Pacific 2003 Conf. "Solutions to Pollution", 28 Sept-1 Oct 2003,
Christchurch (New Zealand)
Metian M, Hédouin L, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Bustamante P, Fowler SW, Fichez
R & M Warnau. Allometry of heavy metal bioconcentration in the tropical clam
Gafrarium tumidum. SETAC-ASE Asia/Pacific 2003 Conf. "Solutions to
Pollution", 28 Sept-1 Oct 2003, Christchurch (New Zealand)
Hédouin L, Métian M, Cotret O, Teyssié J-L, Paganelli J, Fowler SW, Fichez R
& M Warnau. 2003. Uptake and loss kinetics of trace metals in selected
organisms from the lagoon of New Caledonia. XIIIth Intern. Congress of the
French Malacological Society "Molluscs in Contemporary Research ", 24-27 Jun
2003, La Rochelle (France)
INTERNSHIPS
2002	Marine chemistry Internship: 6 months at the LEMAR Laboratory (European
University Institute of the Sea, Brest, French). Conducted technique to
measure 30Si on a mass spectrometer TRITON Finnigan.
2001	Participation at the Oceanographic Mission « Géosciences » on board of
the Marion Dufresne
2001	Organic chemistry internship: 4 months at the School of chemistry
(Montpellier, French). Organic synthesis of prenylpyrophosphonic acids.
2000	Internship in the wine analyses department: 1 month at the Laboratoire
interrégional de la répression, de la consommation et des fraudes
(Montpellier, French). Used of de separative chromatographic techniques
(C.P.G. and DIONEX).

LANGUAGES, COMPUTER AND OTHERS SKILLS
Languages	French: mother tongue
	English: intermediate level
	German: notions

Computer Skills 	MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet
Explorer.
	Photoshop, Autocad, Statistica, Interwinner, Endnote.

Other Skills 	Smattering of International Environmental Law (UNITAR).

HOBBIES, INTERESTS AND MISCELLANEOUS
Travelling, cinema, music, Scuba diving, photography.
Clear B Driving Licences, since 25 October 1993
Scuba-diving level II