[Coral-List] Global Coral Reef Distribution Maps

Leon Geschwind lgeschwind at bishopmuseum.org
Sat Apr 1 13:33:42 EST 2006

I'm relatively new to this listserv so I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.
Is there anywhere  that I can get a high resolution global coral reef distribution image?  It would be nice to show:
1) Global image showing coral distribution
2) Global images showing the threatened coral reefs (time series)
3) Global images showing bleaching events (time series)
The key is that the image be at a high enough resolution (2048 x 1024 min, 4096 x 2048 much better).
Or the original data would be fine as well.

If available, these images would be projected as part of an exhibit called Science on a Sphere (SOS)(http://sos.noaa.gov) at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, HI.  For more info on SOS and the data format, see http://sos.noaa.gov/sosfaq.html.  I also welcome thought on any other global images that you have in mind.  If you have images that you'd like to share, please let me know how it should be credited.

Thanks in advance,
Leon