[Coral-List] Moorings & Liability

Sherry Flumerfelt sflumerfelt at coral.org
Thu Apr 6 17:21:15 EDT 2006

Hello Coral-Listers,
I have a question for the MPA Managers out there.

We are working with a community-based MPA in Fiji that is considering
charging overnight yachts a fee for mooring use, and I'm concerned
about liability issues and wondering how other MPAs deal with this
(i.e. if a mooring breaks and something happens to the boat).

If you have mandatory moorings and/or charge a fee for mooring use, how
do you deal with liability issues?  Do you have a liability release
form, and if so do you mind sending me a copy?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Sherry Flumerfelt
Program Manager

The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL)
417 Montgomery Street, Suite 205
San Francisco, CA  94104
Tel:  (415) 834-0900 ext. 306
Fax:  (415) 834-0999
Email:  sflumerfelt at coral.org
Website:  http://www.coral.org

"Working together to keep coral reefs alive."