[Coral-List] Bleaching Havens

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Tue Apr 11 16:46:51 EDT 2006

Hi Alex,

Seriously, are you advocating the sinking of dirty ships as a way of
reducing coral bleaching?  Come on, let's think about this....are you saying
Miami should have accepted PBCs in excess of EPA standards, the risk of a
large ship moving and destroying nearby natural reefs, and spent millions of
dollars, all in hopes that it would redirect some cold water (likely
disturbing the natural environment)  to stop corals from bleaching?  Even if
that would work (which I am NOT saying it would) who in their right minds
would want to have a ship that could move in a storm close enough to a coral
reef to have an effect?

If you want ships for diving opportunites in Miami, then just say so...you
don't have to hide it by trying to justify how a ship would stop coral
bleaching.  Whatever we do to our oceans, we need to be clear about the real
goals we are trying to achieve otherwise we will just confuse the public.
If you want to support ship sinking, then do so for the right
reasons....diving opportunities, economic enhancement but don't exagerate
the uses.

Thanks,

Todd Barber
Chairman Reef Ball Foundation, Inc.
3305 Edwards Court
Greenville, NC 27858
reefball at reefball.com

http://www.artificialreefs.org
http://www.reefball.org
http://www.reefball.com

Direct: 252-353-9094
mobile: 941-720-7549
Fax 425-963-4119

Personal Space: http://www.myspace/reefball
Group Space http://groups.myspace.com/reefballfoundation
Skype & MSN For Voice or Video Conferences:
Available upon request

Atlanta/Athens Office
890 Hill Street
Athens, GA 30606 USA
770-752-0202
(Our headquarters...not where I work see above)