[Coral-List] need information

shailendrapratap sonkar shailen78_aqua at rediffmail.com
Wed Apr 12 06:13:33 EDT 2006

Dear coral list members,
 I am shailendra (CSIR-Senor Research Fellow), pursuing my research work on “Molecular approaches to study Population Genetic Structure of Scleractinian corals from Lakshdweep Islands” from National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, Goa, India.
I am currently developing molecular data of partial nucleotide sequences of mt-SSU and ITS gene using different coral specific primers to study the variability and phylogenetic analysis of my collected coral samples.
It is very much depressing to me about that I don’t get proper gene amplification through PCR from my all samples because of contaminated genomic DNA, till now I could able to submitted only few of genes in GenBank, NCBI and still working up on it. With few Acropora samples, I get co-amplification and after sequencing I get bad gene data.
Kindly suggest me what can be done in this regard to get fast PCR gene amplification of my coral samples.
Thanking you in advance,
Looking forward for concern reply.
Yours truly
Shailendra Pratap Sonkar