[Coral-List] Tropical Ecology & Conservation Program

Carrie Manfrino manfrino at reefresearch.org
Thu Apr 13 21:56:00 EDT 2006

Please forward this message to advanced undergraduate or graduate students
who would benefit from our summer research program at the Little Cayman
Research Centre.

Summer 2006 Study Abroad: Caribbean Tropical Marine Ecology & Conservation
Program , July 15 - August 10th

Registration Deadline April 30th

Program Overview:  CCMI is collecting long-term monitoring and assessment
data to gain deeper insight into the causes of the recent regional declines
in coral reef systems experienced on Little Cayman and throughout the
Caribbean. The internship program provides advanced research opportunities
for undergraduates and graduate students.  Students complete a tropical
marine ecology course and are then trained in fundamental marine biological
field techniques (including the AGRRA protocol) while working directly with
principal investigators.  Participants complete a joint research poster that
will be published or presented at a national or international conference.

For further information please link to our website:
http://www.reefresearch.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=pages.unlinked
<http://www.reefresearch.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=pages.unlinked&id=87>
&id=87

Or Contact: Internship at reefresearch.org