[Coral-List] "State of U.S. Coral Reefs" Reports for Libraries, Labs

Jenny Waddell Jenny.Waddell at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 7 14:32:44 EDT 2006

"State of U.S. Coral Reefs" Reports for Libraries, Labs

Greetings all,

In August 2005, NOAA announced the availability of a report entitled:
/The State of Coral Reef Ecosystems of the United States and Pacific
Freely Associated States: 2005/.  This report represents an initial
effort to determine the present condition of shallow water coral reef
ecosystems based on quantitative results of assessment and monitoring
activities conducted by Federal, State, Territory, Commonwealth,
non-governmental, private, and academic partners. Production of the
report was led by NOAA in close collaboration with teams of experts that
authored chapters on the condition of coral reef ecosystems in each of
14 jurisdictions.  PDFs of the report chapters are available for free
download from:
http://ccma.nos.noaa.gov/ecosystems/coralreef/coral_report_2005/

I'm writing to request your assistance in placing the remaining printed
copies of the report in University libraries and marine labs, where they
can be accessed by many.  If you know of an academic library or marine
lab that would like a copy of the report, please ask them to send a
formal request for the printed report to CoralReport2005 at noaa.gov so
that we can make the information as widely available as possible.

Thank you!

Jenny Waddell

NOAA's National Ocean Service
Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment
1305 East West Highway, Rm 9232
SSMC4, N/SCI-1
Silver Spring, MD  20910

Ph. 301.713.3028 x174