[Coral-List] nicobar oil spill

Greg Challenger gchallenger at msn.com
Wed Aug 16 16:08:52 EDT 2006

It depends on exposure. There is a study in the Netherland Antilles that suggest they repel particulate oil much like sediment particles.  I do not have the reference handy as I am in the field at an oil spill at present.  Obviously, submersed in oil is bad.  John, weren't the subtidal oil-affected corals largely limited to the areas where dispersants were used, or am I thinking of the TROPIX studies in Panama?
----- Original Message -----From: John Cubit