[Coral-List] assistance needed with coral id in Bangladesh

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 23:12:39 EDT 2006

Dear Mark and Mr. Islam...
I think the best place to look for the
photographs and the information about the coral
species of this region is to contact the National
Institute of Oceanography, Goa, India.  The
contact person will be Dr. Wafar.  They also have
website giving the species list of corals in
India (both west and East coasts).

I see there is a long list of coral species on
their website;
http://www.reefindia.org/

Though I could see photos of some species, you
can contact Dr. Wafar for photographs of all the
species listed on that site...

One more person who knows more about the coral
taxonmy of Andaman NIcobar corals and LAkshadweep
coras is Dr. Jeybhaskaran, who is now working for
Zoological Survey of India and is stationed at
Andamans...I do not have his mail id at present
but it is possible to get if needed...He is the
person who  has taken most of the photographs of
the Andaman Nicobar and Lakshadweep corals and
also identified them...

Best Wishes

Shashank

"the role of infinitely small in nature is infinitely large"-Louis Pasteur

Keshavmurthy Shashank
phD candidate
Kochi University, Graduate School of Kuroshio Science
Laboratory of Environmental Conservation
Otsu 200, Monobe, Nankoku-shi
783-8502, Kochi, Japan
alt. id: shashank at cc.kochi-u.ac.jp
phone: 81 080 3925 3889