[Coral-List] grad opportunity to study marine disease

Greta Smith Aeby greta at hawaii.edu
Fri Dec 15 15:25:12 EST 2006

Coral-list,

   Below is an announcement of a new graduate program at the University of Hawaii which focuses on understanding diseases.
This program has a marine ecosystem component and so provides an incredible opportunity for graduate students interested in
studying marine disease.  Please pass this information onto any interested students.  Graduate students interested in working
on coral disease can contact me as a potential mentor.

Aloha,

Greta S. Aeby, Ph.D.
Assistant researcher
Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
greta at hawaii.edu

NSF IGERT Opportunities at the University of Hawaii (UH):
Integrating Ecology, Conservation, and Pathogen Biology (ECPB)

We are seeking exceptional doctoral students interested in
intergrative research and training in evolutionary ecology and
biomedical sciences.  ECPB Fellows will be selected from qualified Ph.D. students who have been accepted into participating
doctoral programs at UH
consistent with the goals of ECPB, with at least two faculty
mentors whose disciplinary expertise bridge ecology (including
evolutionary ecology), conservation, and/or pathogen biology.  The
fellowship includes a stipend ($30,000/yr) and tuition for two
years.

Applications are due Jan 31, 2007.

For additional information, please visit the ECPB website at http://
jabsom.hawaii.edu/igert/.