[Coral-List] Coral-List Digest, Vol 42, Issue 12

Gordon Hendler hendler at nhm.org
Thu Dec 21 15:52:17 EST 2006

Hi Megumi,
         Can you tell me if the little, intertidal, brooding "Henricia
leviuscula" that Fisher found in Monterey Bay and called "Variety F," has
been annointed with its own scientific name? I'm lazy, and suspect the
literature might lead nowhere, so I thought I'd ask you, hoping that you
and Doug may have dealt with the question. I don't have any interest in
getting entangled in the systematics of Henricia, but would like to know
how we'd best label the specimens in our collection.
         Now that I have that off my chest --- best wishes to you and to
Richard for the new year (and what's left of this one). Hope to see you
again, soon.
Gordon

Gordon Hendler, Ph.D.
Curator of Echinoderms