[Coral-List] Morays eating crabs

Michelle Taylor reefnurse at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 28 11:02:48 EST 2006

Dear All,

A colleague of mine wants to know if moray eels leaving shallow waters to prey on unsuspecting crabs on the beach is a behaviour anyone else has come across? He has a photo but unfortunately I can't attach it for the list to see, I'll happily forward it on to anyone if they want it.

Please could you email me if you have heard of / seen this behaviour before. Many thanks,

Season's greetings!

Michelle Taylor
Imperial College London