[Coral-List] underwater camera

Mike van Keulen keulen at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Feb 3 01:08:30 EST 2006

Hi Michelle,

I've been using Olympus cameras for some time and found they're excellent
for underwater use. Most models have reasonably priced dedicated housings
and third party strobes are available for them too. The ones I've used are
the C-5060 (5 megapixel) and the C-8080 (8 megapixel) - I think these
models have been superseded, but I would guess there would be a suitable
replacement. Both the models I use have an excellent super-macro allowing
you to get to within 2 cm of the subject. Colour reproduction is excellent.

Cheers,
Mike