[Coral-List] Management of disease outbreaks

Steve Dalton sdalton at nmsc.edu.au
Tue Feb 7 18:58:53 EST 2006

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their replies to my email
regarding software to analyse video transects, the response was great, and
certainly shows the benefits of this list.

I was wondering if anyone has done any studies involving diseased corals
where the active margin has been completely removed from the infected
colonies and monitored the colony for reinfection?  Has anyone had any
success in stopping progressive disease/syndrome by removing the
margin?  Any comments would be welcome

Regards

Steven Dalton
PhD student