[Coral-List] New Coral-List Posting Policy

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 13 18:24:00 EST 2006

Greetings!

  I'm afraid the amount of incoming spam to coral-list has become way
too burdensome for the coral-list administrators. From now on, all
messages from non-members will be automatically discarded, instead of
being queued for review. For those of you who like to read from one
email address yet post from another, you can add both addresses to
coral-list, but enable/disable the other (see
http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/mailman/listinfo/coral-list, bottom of page,
to subscribe/unsubscribe and choose other delivery options).

  I realize some folks are not subscribers to coral-list and like to
occasionally post job or meeting announcements, and when that happens we
have sometimes approved those messages. If your colleagues fall into
that category, let me know and I'll add them to a special "free pass"
sort of category so that those messages can be placed in the queue for
consideration.

  You might also want to review how your address appears to coral-list.
 For instance, your address may be listed as, say,
john.smith at university.edu but when you post, it comes across as
john.smith at mach1.university.edu, which might be rejected by the
software. Again, check your settings at
http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/mailman/listinfo/coral-list.

  If you have any problems with posting a message, please let us know.

  Thank you for your support and patience.

  Cheers,
  Louis Florit
  Mike Jankulak
  Jim Hendee