[Coral-List] Nutrient thresholds for coral reefs

DeeVon Quirolo deevon at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 16 09:56:52 EST 2006

Dr. Brian Lapointe of Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution and Dr.
Peter Bell of  University of Queensland/Australia both arrived at the
same thresholds from different perspectives, but they are:  1 mg/L
dissolved inorganic nitrogen, .01 mg/L soluble reactive
phosphorus.  You can contact either Lapointe or Bell for further
info.  These thresholds are far lower than any current water quality
regulations.

Best, DeeVon Quirolo, Reef Relief www.reefrelief.org