[Coral-List] Last call for coral reef abstracts for ASLO 2006 Summer Meeting

Curtis Kruer kruer at 3rivers.net
Thu Jan 19 20:19:36 EST 2006

Felix,

You suggest coral reef ecosystem resource managers are somehow hampered by ".....by the fact that
after decades of research there are still large gaps in our understanding of coral reef ecosystems
function."  Maybe it would assist the readers to know what these gaps are.  In my experience in
south Florida and the Caribbean it's not the science or knowledge that's missing - it's the will to
implement and enforce needed management.  I've been listening to these same rationalizations for 20
or 30 years now and they're taking a toll.

Thanks.  I look forward to this information to help guide me in the future.

Curtis Kruer