[Coral-List] FW: blurb for Coral-List

Tupper, Mark (WorldFish) m.tupper at cgiar.org
Thu Jul 13 02:41:06 EDT 2006

Dear List,

The WorldFish Center has been funded by the Global Environment Facility
(GEF) and UNEP to undertake a review and analysis of lessons learned
from current and previous GEF-funded projects relating to the management
of coral reefs and associated tropical marine ecosystems (e.g. mangrove
and seagrass). We would like to invite all Project Leaders or other key
personnel involved in current or past GEF-funded tropical marine
ecosystem management projects to assist by providing us with current
contact information.

We are putting together a session on Lessons Learned and Best Practices
within the Information and Knowledge Management theme at this year's
Third International Tropical Marine Ecosystems Management Symposium
(ITMEMS 3) in Mexico. We hope to bring about a dozen speakers to the
ITMEMS session to talk about their experiences and lessons learned from
their involvement with GEF-funded projects. Please contact myself
(m.tupper at cgiar.org) or Marco Noordeloos (m.noordeloos at cgiar.org) for
more information.

Thanks for your interest,

Mark Tupper

Dr. Mark Tupper

Scientist - Coral Reefs

WorldFish Center

PO Box 500 GPO, 10670 Penang, Malaysia

Tel (+6-04) 626-1606; Fax (+6-04) 626-5530