[Coral-List] Marine Zoning Database

Diego Lirman dlirman at rsmas.miami.edu
Mon Jul 24 13:35:33 EDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

As part of a project funded by  Florida's Department of Environmental
Protection, we are in the process of compiling a reference list on the
topic of Marine Zoning in Coral Reef Habitats. The emphasis of this
database is on the design, implementation, and effectiveness of protected
areas in coral reef habitats.

Our reference list presently exceeds 500 titles. In an effort to be as
comprehensive as possible, we would like to offer this bibliography for
review to the members of NOAA's coral list so that any omissions can be
corrected and any suggested additions can be included.

After completion of this database, we will share its contents with members
of this list and anyone else interested in obtaining a copy. The present
version of the database contains titles and citations only. The final draft
will contain this information as well as keywords, summaries, and web links
to the source publications when available.

If you would like to review our database draft, please go to:

CES Site: http://pollux.ces.fau.edu/ces_public/

The filename is MarineZoning_Database_July 24.xls

If you have any comments, corrections, or additions to suggest, please feel
free to contact Diego Lirman (dlirman at rsmas.miami.edu) directly.

Thanks in advance,

Diego Lirman, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Marine Biology and Fisheries Division
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami
4600 Rickenbacker Cswy.
Miami, FL 33149

Tel: 305-421-4168