[Coral-List] Coral feeding

James M. Cervino (Marine Biologist) cnidaria at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 2 11:23:57 EDT 2006

Dear List I would like to make a correction. Davy et al., 2001 did not investigate the effects of thermal stress and HRF
effects (or other bleaching factors) on translocation, or host factor activity. However, I would like to pont out that this is an interesting paper to read it.  All and all It would be interesting to see what would happen if thermal stress were applied .

Here is the reference below:

Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2001 Jun;129(2-3):487-94. The influence of "host release factor" on carbon release by zooxanthellae isolated from fed and starved Aiptasia pallida (Verrill).

I believe in compulsory cannibalism.
If people were forced to eat what they killed,
there would be no more wars.
Abbie Hoffman