[Coral-List] JOB OPPORTUNITY: Office Manager-Coral Reef Conservation Program
Chantal.Collier at dep.state.fl.us
Thu Jun 22 16:55:20 EDT 2006
PLEASE POST WIDELY
Apologies for cross-postings.
Office Manager - Coral Reef Conservation Program
Agency: Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP)
Location: Miami, FL
Supervisor: FDEP Coral Reef Program Manager
The Biscayne Bay Environmental Center Office Manager is a full-time position
in the Coral Reef Conservation Program of the Office of Coastal and Aquatic
Managed Areas. The purpose of this position is to oversee daily business
operations and to provide administrative support to management. Duties will
be split 70/30, or as needed, in support of both the Coral Reef Conservation
Program (CRCP) and the Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserve (BBAP).
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Be proficient using Excel with basic knowledge of QuickBooks to
reconcile and maintain accounts.
* Become proficient in reviewing FDEP FLAIR/ASPIRE account reports.
Prepare FLAIR correction memos, as needed.
* Prepare, review and track credit card statements, invoices,
timesheets, travel authorizations, contract and grant routing and other
budget tracking needs.
* Responsible for answering phones, directing calls, and greeting
* Responsible for secretarial services, as needed, which include word
processing, clerical, bookkeeping, and technical functions.
* Maintain office related files and records.
* Assist in the development of CRCP and BBAP-related project procedures
* Prepare and process purchase order requisitions, and obtain
competitive bids from authorized vendors for goods and services. Maintain
list of minority vendors.
* Prepare contract initiation forms and assist with contract and grant
management, as assigned.
* Order office supplies, maintain postage meter, and handle all ingoing
and outgoing express shipments and regular mail.
* Responsible for conference room scheduling, meeting preparations and
facilitation at both on-site and off-site venues.
* Record meeting minutes and prepare meeting summaries.
* Oversee office equipment maintenance contracts and building
maintenance, including any building/equipment emergencies (e.g. AC, plumbing,
copy machine, computers, etc).
* Maintain log books and calendar schedule for state vehicles/vessel
* Responsible for scheduling and overseeing cleaning and lawn service
companies and building maintenance personnel.
* Responsible for information services including stock and inventory of
brochures and pamphlets.
* Occasional piloting of BBEC boat, as needed.
* Additional duties and special projects, as assigned.
* Minimum 5 years experience in a business environment, with at least 3
years of bookkeeping or accounting experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Experience with PC computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and Quickbooks
software. Computer hardware/MIS skills a plus.
* Purchasing, contracts and grant management experience preferred.
* Excellent math and analytical skills.
* Excellent organizational and writing skills.
* Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and complete tasks with attention to
detail under minimal supervision.
* Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with a diverse
range of people.
* Must have a valid Florida Drivers License.
* Must be able to lift 35lbs.
* Basic CPR/first aid and small boat handling and trailering experience
Fax cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional
references to 305-795-3470 or email jimmy.lee at dep.state.fl.us
<mailto:chantal.collier at dep.state.fl.us> . Local applicants only.
Coral Reef Program Manager
Florida Department of Environmental Protection
More information about the Coral-List