[Coral-List] Projects Coordinator Moheli Marine Park

Chris Poonian chris at c-3.org.uk
Wed Jun 28 07:34:40 EDT 2006

Community Centred Conservation (C3) is a rapidly growing British NGO,
currently working on Moheli, Comoros in collaboration with Moheli
Marine Park.  We are seeking a Projects Coordinator to take over day
to day management of our interns and work programme.

The duties of the Projects Coordinator will include:

•	Recruitment and management of the team on Moheli
•	Coordination of research, educational and conservation activities
•	Budget management
•	Liaison with project partners and stakeholders
•	Reporting to local, regional and international organizations and donors
•	Contributing to grant proposals to secure financial support for the programme
•	Marketing and promotion

Qualifications:

ESSENTIAL:
Advanced spoken /written French and English
Staff management experience
Budget management experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject
Experience working in remote field locations
Excellent presentation and report-writing skills

DESIRABLE:
Bilingual French / English
Masters degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject
Grant-writing experience
Boat-driving and scuba diving experience
Equipment repair and maintenance experience
Web design / publishing experience

PACKAGE OFFERED:
1 year contract, starting August 2006
20 days annual leave
Food and accommodation (own room in shared house) on Moheli
Costs covered for attendance at regional and international conferences
Personal laptop and mobile phone
DAN medical insurance
Successful applicant to cover travel costs to/from Moheli (approx £700
from the UK)

Please send a CV and covering letter to Patricia Davis
patricia at c-3.org.uk before 7th July 2006.  You must be able to attend
an interview in London, UK between 10th and 14th July.  Owing to the
remote nature of our fieldwork activities and high number of expected
applications, we are unable to respond to any speculative questions
about this position.  Further details will be discussed at interview.
Please see our website www.c-3.org.uk for further information.

--
Chris Poonian
Projects Manager

c-3.org.uk

To develop conservation efforts worldwide by building the capacity of
local individuals and institutions through grassroots research and
training initiatives