[Coral-List] Discovery Land Project

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Wed Mar 15 11:46:31 EST 2006

Okay everyone, the CEO responded to me and IS open to discussion.  WE HAVE AN OPENING AND AN OPPORTUNITY.  His message was friendly and stated that they are eco-sensitive developers.

Now the question is can we, as a group, come up with a reasonable set of recommendations of how they could proceed with the development while protecting the reef?

DeeVon Quirolo said this may not be possible as the Development is too large for the Island.

So let me pose this question and put it up for list debate...the same question I sent to DeeVon.

If the development HAS to proceed (and I am NOT
saying that it should) what could the developer do to make it more reef  friendly.  (i.e. what would you do if you had to build it)?

I encourage everyone to take a practical view here.....minimizing reef damage may be better than total reef loss even though total reef protection may be desired but not possible.

Thanks,

Todd Barber
Chairman Reef Ball Foundation, Inc.
3305 Edwards Court
Greenville, NC 27858
reefball at reefball.com

http://www.artificialreefs.org
http://www.reefball.org
http://www.reefball.com

Direct: 252-353-9094
mobile: 941-720-7549
Fax 425-963-4119

Personal Space: http://www.myspace/reefball
Group Space http://groups.myspace.com/reefballfoundation
Skype & MSN For Voice or Video Conferences:
Available upon request

Atlanta/Athens Office
890 Hill Street
Athens, GA 30606 USA
770-752-0202
(Our headquarters...not where I work see above)