[Coral-List] Remnancy vs resiliency Part 3: making a list

Phil Dustan dustanp at cofc.edu
Wed Mar 22 11:26:00 EST 2006

Dear Listers,
	Now that we have exhausted all the rhetoric and have cleared our minds
and consciences, might it be possible to translate our feelings into
actions that could be accomplished at the scales of Global, regional,
and local?

lease post your comments if you’d like to contribute and I will work
towards collating them……………Please try to keep things short (and perhaps
sweet).

Here are a few possibilities:

	Global -
		US should sign the Kyoto Accord,
		Reduce generation of African Dust

	Regional in the Caribbean
		Large scale culture and release of Diadema antillarum
		Construct a basin-wide system of no-take MPAs

	Local:
		Larger no-take zones in the Florida Keys National Marine 			Sanctuary
		Construction of sewer and septic systems in the Florida 			Keys that
actually meet design criteria for removal of 				nutrients,BOD, and
microbial contaminants
		Provide incentives to restore the terrestrial landscape 				to
minimize loss of nutrients and sediments

		Thanks,
		Phil

--
Phillip Dustan  Ph.D.