[Coral-List] Remnancy vs resiliency Part 3: making a list

Jeffrey Low cat64fish at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 08:50:49 EST 2006

Hi Phil,

I collated some from the various emails on this issue
... mostly "personal" level stuff, though. Hope this
helps.

Key actions - local actions for global response

1. Education
- educate the kids
- reach out (don't preach to the converted)
- identify a mascot species
- create realistic, entertaining shows
- educate developers / politicians

2. Reduce consumption
- reduce energy consumption (air conditioners, lights,
electrical appliances)
- make recycling part of our life
- consume less
- buy local
- travel less
- use public transport, use the stairs, walk instead
of drive (for short distances)

3. Participate
- teach at a local school
- be active in NGOs
- blog about issues
- by creating websites on conservation issues

--- Phil Dustan <dustanp at cofc.edu> wrote:

> Dear Listers,
> 	Now that we have exhausted all the rhetoric and
> have cleared our minds
> and consciences, might it be possible to translate
> our feelings into
> actions that could be accomplished at the scales of
> Global, regional,
> and local?
>
> lease post your comments if you’d like to contribute
> and I will work
> towards collating them

Please try to keep things