[Coral-List] Another Forrest Gump Argument against moving the list

Juan F Urich j_urich at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 10:42:33 EST 2006

Dear Listers:
  Sorry if I dont extend much on the argument, but I pose the following for considering.
  On one hand Coral list is invaluable due to the speed with which important scientific and technical discussion and knowledge transfer occur among coral reef scientist (The origin of internet), that also include informed stakeholders. This added to the concerns of other nonscientist but nevertheless interested stakeholders with valuable opinions and information regarding the coral reef ecosystem, makes coral list an unusal example of a "transdisciplinarity common of concerns" not necesarily totally scientific but nevertheless fruitful and positive towards the comprehension and conservation of the coral reef.
  This last point  Is it not what the whole list is all about?.
  One last thought Without going as far as Science for the People of the mid 70`s:
  Having mundane discussions are part of the boundary conditions with which Scientist have to deal many times in order to set the right scientific questions in the appropiate reality context.
  I hope my comments are not take as harsh or offensive
  "Thats all I have to say about that".

  Regards

  Juan F Urich