[Coral-List] Philippines Interest

Wenresti G. Gallardo gallardo at ait.ac.th
Wed Mar 29 07:48:53 EST 2006

Hi Amanda,

Where in the Philippines do you plan to do your research? Who is your
contact person there?
I am from the Philippines and have worked in the Southeast Asian Fisheries
Development Center (SEAFDEC) in Iloilo, Philippines for about 15 years but I
am now teaching here in the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand.
My team had an initial survey of the corals and reef resources in Sagay
Marine Reserve in Negros, Philippines and I have an on-going research on
abalone stock enhancement.. If you do not have a particular area for your
research yet, I would suggest doing it in Sagay Marine Reserve which is a
32,000 ha protected seascape. But of course you have to communicate and ask
permission from the Protected Area Management Board (PAMB) of Sagay Marine
Reserve. You can know more about Sagay Marine Reserve thru the internet.

If you wish to communicate directly with me, my email address is
gallardo at ait.ac.th.

Wishing you the best,
Wenresti G. Gallardo