[Coral-List] Salinity loggers

Diego Lirman dlirman at rsmas.miami.edu
Mon May 22 08:58:34 EDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

I am in need of purchasing small (< 15 cm in max length) salinity
recorders/loggers to be deployed in extreme shallow environments (< 30 cm
in depth) and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with such units.

Last year I used the units made by Star-Oddi (Iceland) that are very small
(< 5 cm), but these units did not perform well in areas with rapid
fluctuations in salinity and have a limited conductivity range.

I would really appreciate any input on this subject.  Please respond
directly to me and I will post a summary back to the list if I receive any
suggestions.

Regards,

Diego Lirman, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Marine Biology and Fisheries Division
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami
4600 Rickenbacker Cswy.
Miami, FL 33149

Tel: 305-421-4168