[Coral-List] Rebuttals

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Mon May 22 09:00:57 EDT 2006

Greetings,

    It can be a fine line between "flaming" and strong rebuttals.  My
original reason for my message concerning Mike Risk's post had to do
mainly with the use of profanity (even if a common word).  Brent Plater
felt he had the right to rebut Gene Shinn's remarks, which again I guess
I should have read more closely, but I don't remember seeing anything
all that inflammatory.  We do have strong professional differences out
there, though, don't we?  I guess this interchange is meant to define
the edge further still.  Anyway, as Gene Shinn said in his aside,
"Choose your words carefully."

    Cheers,
    Jim

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere,
someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over
there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' "
~~ George Carlin ~~