[Coral-List] Monitoring Tools Database

Melissa Davies Bos mbos at hawaii.edu
Mon May 22 18:30:02 EDT 2006

Hi Coral Listers,

In response to Diego's request for information on salinity recorders, I wanted to let everyone know about a very useful database that can help you identify monitoring tools. The Alliance for Coastal Technologies (ACT) is a NOAA-funded partnership of research institutions, state and regional resource managers, and private sector companies interested in developing and applying sensor and sensor platform technologies. The ACT website (www.act-us.info) is full of valuable information about sensor technologies, including reports from workshops and technology evaluations.

A technology database is also available to assist you. You can search by parameter, type of sensor, or brand, and a list of available tools will be displayed. Basic information about each tool plus a link to the manufacturer's website (when available) can help you to pick the right tool for your needs.

Please also explore the rest of the website to find out about ACT activities in your region. Contact information for each partner office is available online. You are also welcome to email me if you have any questions and I can either help you directly or connect you with the right partner location.

Aloha,
Melissa Bos
Hawaii and Pacific Coordinator, Alliance for Coastal Technologies
Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
808.392.2411
www.act-us.info