[Coral-List] Fw: UNEP report

Ruby Moothien kamlaruby at intnet.mu
Wed Nov 1 10:14:40 EST 2006

I wish to point out that Mauritius was one of the few island states which
suffered from mild bleaching (<10%) during the 1998 mass bleaching episode
If the statement "Coral reefs across the Indian Ocean including around the
Comoros, La Reunion, Madagascar, Mauritius and the Seychelles, were among
those that were severely damaged." is indeed relating to the 1998 mass
bleaching in the Indian Ocean, then it needs to be corrected as it is very
misleading...

Ruby Moothien Pillay (Ph. D.)
Project Officer (Oceanography)
Mauritius Oceanography Institute