[Coral-List] Underwater Video Camera

David McGuire david at trilliumfilms.net
Mon Nov 27 16:33:52 EST 2006

Dear Reuben

I would ask myself why I need the resolution of HD first?  You can
get high quality images using a 3 chip for much less price.  Actually
you can get a housing and a camera for the price of an HD camera.
Ive used the Sony and the Panasonic but not underwater.  We arte
holding off since the memory time is too limited for underwater
unless you go lower res, and then whats the point of HD?  The p-2
technology is coming but we are still shooting the HD with tapes
until the bugs get worked out.  The Panasonic is said to overheat in
the housing and shut down but that might have been resolved.

Good luck

David