[Coral-List] UNEP report

Ranjeet Bhagooli coral at scientist.com
Tue Oct 31 12:38:47 EST 2006

This report mentions that coral reefs of Mauritius were "severely damaged". I suppose it's relating it to the 1998 mass bleaching/mortality event in the Indian Ocean.

"Coral reefs across the Indian Ocean including around the Comoros, La Reunion, Madagascar, Mauritius and the Seychelles, were among those that were severely damaged."

Was that really the case?
Pls. correct me if I'm wrong!

Ranjeet Bhagooli, Ph.D.
MBF/RSMAS, UM