[Coral-List] Meeting - Second Notice -New Research and Developments in Conservation ofCoral Reefs
Bprecht at pbsj.com
Tue Sep 12 16:05:01 EDT 2006
Second Notice - Please note the following meeting -
Second Annual Coral Reef Conservation and Management Conference
Will take place November 8-9, 2006 at the University of Miami, James L.
Knight International Center in Miami, FL.
This conference will provide Scientists, Resource Managers and Policy
Makers with information to help guide and shape coral reef conservation
and management efforts on reefs under their stewardship.
Topics To Be Discussed Include:
* Coral Reef Conservation-What are the Needs?
* Shifting Baselines and Science Based Management
* Precaution and the Management of Coral Reefs
* The Future of Coral Reef Ecosystems
* Understanding Regional Causes of Coral Mortality
* New Developments and Research on the Resilience of Coral Reefs
* A Coral Reef Before and After Protection: A Case Study at the
Flower Garden Banks
* Coral Reef Restoration: What to Restore and Why?
* Trophic Cascades and Marine Protected Areas
* Lessons Learned From the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
* Goals of Coral Reef Conservation: Examples from Belize
* An Overview of the Threats to Reef Ecosystems
View the complete conference agenda.
Who Should Attend?
* Academics and Inter-disciplinarians
* Government Agencies
* Environmental Consultants
* NGO Representatives
Don't miss the chance to network with fellow reef scientists, academic
researchers, local, state and federal government agents and discuss the
latest issues affecting coral reefs.
For more information and registration information - Visit
More information about the Coral-List