[Coral-List] Request for Information on Sensitive Marine Receptors - Gulf of Papua, PNG

Jeremy J. Sofonia jeremy at sofonia.com
Thu Sep 28 11:29:25 EDT 2006

Dear Coral Listers,

I am currently working on a desktop assessment that involves the
identification of sensitive marine receptors within in the Gulf of
Papua, Papua New Guinea.

In this, I am wondering if anyone may be able to point me to
information on delineated habitats, protected areas, and/or sensitive
receptors such as benthic primary produces (e.g. corals, seagrass),
benthic invertebrates, and/or protected species (e.g. cetaceans)?

References to maps, figures, scientific publications and/or gray
literature would all be useful; and very much appreciated.

Thank you,

JEREMY J. SOFONIA
Marine & Environmental Scientist
Environmental Resources Management Australia Pty Ltd

6th Floor, 172 St. Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
PO Box 7338 Cloisters Square WA 6850

Tel:  +61 (0) 8 9321 5200
Fax: +61 (0) 8 9321 5262
Mob:  +61 (0) 401 62 55 62