[Coral-List] Skeletal Density and Composition Study

Bob Snowden bsnowden at pittsburghzoo.org
Sat Apr 14 10:34:57 EDT 2007

Hello list,

This is my first post on this one.  We are beginning a study to aid one
of our grad-school interns on the possible affects of supplemental
feeding on skeletal density and composition of Pocillopora damicornis.
If you all know of any peer reviewed papers that are relevant, could you
please pass on the info?  We will be using a flame spectrophotometer to
analyze the skeletal composition and will be measuring total mass of
both groups.  Also, if you know of any good sources on measuring mass
relating to water displacement methods vs dry weight; we would be
interested in that as well.

Many thanks,

Bob

Bob Snowden