[Coral-List] request for nutrient data

Paul Hoetjes phoetjes at cura.net
Mon Apr 23 11:24:26 EDT 2007

Forwarded on behalf of Mark Wieggers.
Replies can be sent directly to him: markwieggers at hotmail.com

Best regards,
Paul Hoetjes

On 20/4/2007 10:03 AM, Mark Wieggers wrote:

Hello,

First let me introduce myself. I am a MSc student (Utrecht University,
The Netherlands) in my final year, doing my internship for the
government of the Netherlands Antilles. My task is to analyze the data
from the nutrient monitoring program that we carry out on the coral
reefs of Bonaire, Curacao and Saint Lucia. I do this under supervision
of Paul Hoetjes (Netherlands Antilles) and Aat Barendregt (Utrecht
University) and in cooperation with Brain Lapointe.
I have of course searched through the literature, but I assume there are
still a lot of other reports or unpublished data out there. My request
is for any available data you might have from your coral reefs on
nutrient values in the seawater and the cover of the reef. We are
interested in;
• Nitrogen values (DIN, TDN, NO2, NO3 or NH4)
• Phosphor values (TDP or PO4)
• Values for nitrogen and phosphor allowed by law for either surface
waters, and/or for effluent waters
• Coral cover and algae cover (if possible separated for turf- and
macro-algae)
If you are able to send it within a month I would be able to use it for
my report already.
If you are interested in this research or have some other questions,
please do not hesitate to email me.

Many thanks for your effort,

Mark Wieggers, BSc.
markwieggers at hotmail.com